Cedar City & Brian Head
Cedar City Community Overview
Situated about 1 hour northeast of Springdale and Zion National Park is the scenic Southern Utah communities of Cedar City & Brian Head. The greater Cedar City area also includes the communities of Kanarraville, Enoch, Parowan, Summit, Paragonah, Modena, and offers a completely different feel from the nearby St. George and Zion Canyon areas. Cedar City is Utah’s Mile High city with an elevation of 5,280 ft above sea level and it only goes up from there with some of the destination’s best highlights.
Cedar City is a year round full service vacation destination with a great array of visitor offerings, especially for those of you looking to have easy access to the great outdoor adventures surround the area. Available visitor services are listed below:
- Hotels & Lodging – Cedar City and Brian Head feature 24 hotel properties along with additional Bed & Breakfasts and Vacation Rentals.
- Dining Services – Cedar City is home to some great dining options that include the renowned Milt’s Steakhouse in Cedar Canyon and others like the acclaimed Centro Woodfired Pizzeria along with over 100 other great choices.
- Transportation – Cedar City is easily accessed by Interstate 15 via private car or shuttle services, but there are also daily connecting flights to Salt Lake City International Airport making flight connections to almost anywhere domestically or internationally.
- Shopping – All of the shopping services your would expect from a full service community are available along with some great local boutiques for clothing, art, and jewelry.
- Meeting & Event Space – Whether you are looking for a boardroom in the mountains, a theater for a live concert or a large hall to hold your next family reunion, you can find what you are looking for in the Cedar City/Brian Head area.
- Cedar Breaks National Monument – One of Utah’s lesser-known but awe-inspiring natural wonders is this unbelievable multi-colored formation on the rim above Cedar City and adjacent Brian Head. Due to its high altitude of over 10,000 ft Cedar Breaks is accessible late spring through mid to late fall depending on snow conditions. The middle of summer boasts an amazing and unexpected wildflower show. Wildlife viewing is a favorite activity here along with alpine hiking, summer road biking, and winter cross-country skiing & snowshoeing to name a few.
- For more information about Cedar Breaks Click Here
- Brian Head Ski & Summer Resort – Utah’s highest ski resort community Brian Head offers a great winter haven for those looking to ski, snowboard, and snowmobile. But don’t think for a second that’s where the fun stops, summer at this fantastic resort community is just as entertaining with epic downhill and cross country mountain biking, alpine hiking, and great outdoor music and event festivals just to name a few prominent activities.
- For more information about Brian Head Click Here
- Southern Utah University – Located in the heart of Cedar City, SUU is a top notch university and plays host to some great annual art and musical events and performances.
- For more information about SUU Click Here
- Duck Creek Village & Navajo Lake – Follow the scenic Highway 14 up Cedar Canyon and just past the turnoff for Cedar Breaks you will stumble up some truly serene alpine mountain treasures. Navajo Lake is surrounded by towering evergreens and lush groves of quaking aspens and provides some great local fishing along with some really fun cross country mountain bike trails as well. Just a little further down Highway 14 and you will come to another mountain gem known as Duck Creek and its neighboring village with full visitor and activity services.
- For more information about Navajo Lake Click Here
- For more information about Duck Creek Village Click Here
- Yankee Meadows – Possibly one of Southern Utah’s best-kept secrets, this alpine oasis is located just behind Brian Head and features a beautiful mountain reservoir along with a serene mountain setting. Fishing and kayaking are favorite activities here during the summer.
- For more information about Yankee Meadows Click Here
- Panguitch Lake – Also located along the very scenic Highway 14 is the expansive Panguitch Lake area. Open year round this resort-like getaway offers fishing, camping, mountain biking, ATV and OHV trails, and more.
- For more information about Panguitch Lake Click Here
- Kanarraville Falls – You have probably heard about the Narrows and likely about the Subway both inside of Zion National Park. But unless you are a local Southern Utah resident you may not have hear of Kanarraville Falls. This beautiful slot canyon is located just south of Cedar City and is a great addition to any vacation in the area and suitable for children.
- For more information about Kanarraville Falls Click Here
- Zion National Park Kolob Canyons – The northwest section of Zion is probably one of our favorite areas of the park. Accessed just off of Interstate 15 and only 15 minutes south of Cedar City this is a must see for anyone visiting the area. The 6-mile scenic loop is undeniably surprising when you make the turn up an unsuspecting mountainside road. This portion of Zion National Park features towering red sandstone cliffs and some of those most spectacular backcountry hiking trails.
- For more information about Kolob Canyons Click Here
- Utah Shakespeare Festival
- Neil Simon Festival
- Southern Utah Museum of Art
- New Years Eve Fireworks at Brian Head
- Mountain Biking
- Skiing & Snowboarding
- Cross Country Skiing & Snowshoeing
- ATV and Off-Roading
Interested in even more of what Cedar City & Brian Head have to offer? The folks at Visit Cedar City are always there to help and would love to provide you with assistance you need.